AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Jan 12 11:55:23 2022
From: "Steibel, Juan" <steibeljmsu.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Webinar series on computer vision applied to
       precision livestock farming
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 11:55:23 -0600

Dear colleague,

Our group invites you to a webinar series on computer vision applied to
precision livestock farming and animal phenotyping.

We are developing a NIFA-Funded Coordinated Innovation Network (CIN) to:
1) advance CV applications in PLF, 2) attract top talent from engineering,
computer science and animal science to PLF, and 3) create a synergetic
network of professionals working to solve pressing issues in PLF. To
address these needs, we propose the following main objectives.

The first webinar will take place on Wednesday January 26th at 10:00-11:00
(Eastern time) and I will first present on our CIN team goals and how the
community can (you) participate in this initiative.

After the presentation we will hold group discussions to receive your
feedback and suggestions on future activities.
You can register for this webinar or for the whole series at:
https://msu.zoom.us/...fIejq1BWcd

Looking forward to seeing you and interacting with you

Sincerely,
Juan P. Steibel
On Behalf of the CIN-PLF-CV team: J. Siegford, G.J.M. Rosa, T. Norton, J.
Dorea, D. Morris, T. Brown-Brandl, E. Psota, M. Benjamin.

Juan P. Steibel (he/him/his)
Associate Professor
Animal Science and Fisheries & Wildlife
Michigan State University

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team