AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Jan 12 11:58:26 2022
From: Rebecca Bellone <rbelloneucdavis.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Open Position Associate Director of Research and
       Test Development at UC Davis Veterinary Genetics
       Laboratory
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 11:58:26 -0600

Dear Animal Genomics Community,

The UC Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory (VGL) has an open Academic
Administrator position for an Associate Director of Research and  Test
Development.  The VGL is a self-supporting unit within the School of
Veterinary Medicine  at UC Davis that began in the 1960s developing and
performing parentage testing in cattle and later horses.  We  have an
expanded our portfolio of tests significantly over the years in both breath
of species that we test for as well as  the services we offer.  We are a
vibrant group of now over 90 staff and student employees and  we routinely
perform genetic testing for over 20 different species with the bulk of our
testing done in horses, dogs, cats, goats, and cattle. The role of the AD
of R&D contribute expertise and oversee a team of scientist that enables
the continued  expansion of the VGL???s testing portfolio while ensuring
the VGL is meeting its mission and maintaining is international reputation
as experts in DNA testing.

The mission of the VGL is to develop and provide high quality, accurate
animal DNA testing services while promoting and enhancing research and
education in animal genetics that improves animal health, performance, and
well-being.

For more information about the position,  the position advertisement is
attached.  Also here  a link for the job posting
https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04475.

For questions about the position please contact  the search chair Shayne
Hughes (sshughesucdavis.edu).

Sincerely,

Rebecca

Rebecca Bellone, Ph.D.
Director, Veterinary Genetics Laboratory
Professor, Department of Population Health and Reproduction
UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
University of California, Davis
(530) 752-9299
http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team