AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Sat Jan 15 17:25:57 2022
From: "Smith, Ed" <esmithvt.edu>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Recruiting for the 20th Cohort of our multidisciplinary
       postbac research education program
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:25:57 -0600

Dear Colleagues.

The application portal for the 20th cohort of Virginia Tech’s innovative
interdisciplinary biomedical/life sciences/ bioengineering postbac research
education program (VT PREP), that is competitively funded by the NIGMS, is
now open.  Please share this portal with your seniors and recent graduates.

With 45 PhDs (12 TT Assistant professors and other impactful research
careers), and trainees from our recent cohort pursuing PhDs at Yale
(Biomedical Engineering), UMass (Immunology), University of Illinois UC
(Bioengineering), VT PREP’s matriculation outcomes continue to be exemplary.

Thank you for sharing this...
-------------
Virginia Tech Post Baccalaureate Research and Education Program
Virginia Tech Postbac Research Education Program

- Our cumulative PhD matriculation rate, for the past 18 years, is in excess
of 80% with trainees going to schools like Brown, Cornell, Duke, Rochester,
UAB, UCLA, UNC, UVA, the University of Chicago, Wake Forest, Yale, to pursue
their PhDs.

- Our scholars acquire skills in grant writing and presentation that provide
them the foundation necessary to be competitive for graduate fellowships
including NSF GRFP, NIH F31, and the F99/KOO.

The VT PREP and sister program, IMSD, constitute what we consider the VT
"IMSD/PREP Family" involving a critical mass of highly supportive
individuals from groups underrepresented in the biomedical and behavioral
sciences and engineering and diverse disciplinary backgrounds.

Application deadline for our next cohort of PREP scholars is April 15,
2022. Review of applications, to fill 8 slots, starts March 15. We look
forward to receiving your applications. If you want to read more about one
of our recent cohorts, check out our quarterly newsletter VT PRIME.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at vtprepvt.edu
or 540-231-6797.

Ed Smith, Ph.D.
Professor
Fellow, AAAS, 2021 GSA Elizabeth Jones Awardee
Comparative Genomics (https://www.apsc.vt.edu/...s-Lab.html)
540-231-6797; fax: 540-231-3010
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences
Virginia Tech (http://www.vt.edu)
Founder and Program Director: VT-PREP https://prep.apsc.vt.edu/
Founder and Program Director: VT-IMSD https://imsd.apsc.vt.edu/

"...work hard at work worth doing..."

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk